Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Swingin' In Style

Good Morning... or evening or what ever it is to you at this awful time of the day. I have been up all night ... by accident... scrapping and lost track of time. HEHE I do that way to much.

Here is my newest one of the kiddos. I have to admit though I am so far behind in my scrapping that this one is from 2006. These are some my mother took of the kids. *wave* hi MOM! She is a wonderful photographer for family shots though this day was just some candid at the park. I had to run to someones house for a bit and she snuck out her camera and went to town. I love these pics. My kids are swing freaks. No matter what they must hop on the swing if there is one in sight.

This LO was based on the Single page sketch contest over at Coordinate Collections. I cant wait till next weekend. They are hosting a cyper crop and it is my first one I want to attend. Not quite sure what to expect accept to get some layouts done... hehe. The theme is March Magic... so I need to go searching for some pics.

Journaling says:
"My babies love to swing! Tristan and Trinity took advantage of MeMaw and her soft heart getting her to push them for almost an hour."

Swingin' In Style Details:
Background: This is a DCWV paper from their spring stack it has the blue boarder and the yellow scalloped print all in one sheet. I took my orange iridescent glitter glue and went along the scalloped edge to give it some sparkle.

Top Left:
This is a wonderful cluster I just love the complimentary colors of the blue and orange. I have taken a coordinating floral paper and cut it to anchor the pictures from above. As if they were swinging from it. I put iridescent white glitter glue on the blue flowers in this pattern. I love making the cheaper paper look rich by adding glitter or chalk to it. This was backed with a off red/coral color cardstock.
The ribbon is the grosgrain and the orange glitter is a strip of paper from the coordinating boarder paper. Love that! I just added the orange glitter glue to that orange strip.
The journal box is a shape from the cricut. I just cut it out one size smaller for the yellow cardstock then for the coral patterned paper. I edged, doodled and wrote on the yellow cardstock with a light blue marker.
The flourishes are from the cricut also cut out of blue cardstock. I stamped them with versa mark and heat embossed them with a clear powder. I added a blue floral rub on and the little blue flowers I cut out of a boarder that was on the coordinating boarder paper.
The large flowers are prima and the brown and blue are cut with the cricut and each petal rolled around an ink pen.

Bottom Left:
The ribbon type coral color paper was cut from a coordinating paper and then I added glitter glue to the dark coral stripe along the top and bottom. I added some rub-ons to this cluster and the bird is from the cricut. I cut it and the wing out of brown cardstock, the floral paper from above and the blue cardstock used in the flourishes listed above. Then I took and layered the different elements of the bird together. I added rub-ons and the flowers are the same as above also. I have the location and the date journaled up the left of the pic of my daughter.

Bottom Right:
The matting of the large pic is brown cardstock stamped with versa mark ink and then punched with a scalloped heart boarder punch. I layered a yellow cardstock in there and topped it off with the coral scalloped strip I cut out from the coordinating boarder paper. I raised the photo with foam squares.
The title was from the cricut and was heat embossed just like the flourishes in the Top Left closeup. The Flower cluster here is a little different the bottom layers were part of the patterned paper I took the coral ribbon from. I added a bottom layer flower of a dark coral from that same sheet and cut the yellow petals out along the inside coral layer so I could raise and roll them up. The inside coral layer I glitter glued with the orange iridescent glue. Then it is topped off with a similar flower cluster as the others.

Thank you so much for viewing. Please leave me a message so I now if this is helpful or how you liked it. May your Wednesday be full of wonders.

5 comments:

  1. Just adore this one!!!! Love the title, just perfect!!!! What great colors and detail work!!!! Thanks for sharing your wonderful talent with us!!!!! Have a Perfect Wednesday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really wonderful work! I love the great colors & wonderful layering!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Grace! Blog hopping from CC. Fantastic layout!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi again, Grace! Yes I'll be doing the CC crop weekend. "See" you there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Grace! This is my first visit. Love your work! Particularly love the detail on your layouts and the fact that you take the time to explain it so well for us readers. Visiting your site is like a mini-scrap class! I will be back to visit again. If you get the chance, stop by my blog and say hi. I always love making new friends!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know how you feel about this post. I hope you enjoyed your time here and will come back and view more. Don't forget to fallow my blog to keep updated with new projects and ideas.
~ Grace ~