Thursday, June 14, 2012

Harry Potter Publication Props - Quibbler and The Daily Prophet Post #6



Good Monday Morning Readers,

Today I am going to share with you the props I made for my son's Harry Potter Party. I made 4 of each of the two popular publications mentioned in the book, The Quibbler and The Daily Prophet. Both were very easy to make and they add another detail to the party just having them lay around. My daughter made The Daily Prophets and she is seven years old.

Here are the Quibblers. I printed out covers and backs on cardstock and glued them to old magazines with Helmar Acid Free Glue! This gave them dimension and a real feel of an actual publication. If you opened them though you would find old expired coupons mostly.


 The Daily Prophets were very easy. I printed the top 1/2 of a image of the front page of multiple titles from all different movies. Then wrapped them around an old newspaper and tied them with twine.


Here they are dispersed throughout the party:

In the Great Hall with the Golden Snitch Cake... more to come in a future post about that.


Here is a Daily Prophet it the Gringotts display:


Need some light reading when your in the loo?  We provided two types to suit the political taste of all our guests.

One last thing... the photo header is an image from the Gryffindor Common Room. where one of each of these were displayed on the center ottoman.

For more posts about our Harry Potter Party see these links below,

Eats and Treats:
The Three Broomsticks - Butterbeer, Polly Juice Punch and more
Honeydukes Candy Display - 24 different candies
Owlery Cupcake Tower 
The Golden Snitch Cake 

Fun and Fancy:
Prisoner of Askaban Wanted Poster Photo Booth
DIY Olivander's Wands DIY

Party Decor and More:
Potions Cabinet Details DIY
Video of Helmar DIY projects for Harry Potter Party

Invitations and Printables:
Owl Post - Hogwarts Acceptance Letter Invitations mailed Owl Post 
Publications - DAILY PROPHET and the QUIBBER props 
Photobucket
 Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Where did you print out the Quibbler and Daily Prophet covers??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! I love your idea of printing the Quibber and Daily Prophet for your party. May I know where do u get your images from? I cannot find images similar to yours on Google. Hope to hear from you soon thanks!(:

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for you interest ladies. I get most of my images from harrypotter.wikia.com However, in some cases the quality is not good and I just spent time looking online under images searches. Did you know if you search with google you will get a different result then searching with Yahoo or any other search engines?

    http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/The_Quibbler

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know how you feel about this post. I hope you enjoyed your time here and will come back and view more. Don't forget to fallow my blog to keep updated with new projects and ideas.
~ Grace ~